It is important for even dentists to have website for several reasons. It is an easy way to keep in contact with patients. In addition to being a marketing tool, a website can be a much valued asset to your dental practice. In order to be an effective tool, you must have an attractive dental website design.
Not only should the dentist website design be attractive, but a great deal of attention must be paid to the quality of the content that the dental website design offers. Most consumers and patients may not be aware of trends that occur in the field of dentistry, but if they become aware of new procedures or materials from other dental firms in your region, they may believe that your competitors are more progressive.
When you choose a dentist website design firm, you must choose an entity that has the resources and time to work with throughout all phases of development from concept to design and completion. It may be to your advantage to find a dentist web design firm that is familiar with the dental services industry. You may also have a detailed knowledge of what the clients need by visiting rrcosmetics.com.
Dental website design is harder than the website designs for most professionals. Dental website design must have a few simple things in order to be attractive to the people that visit it. The following pointers may help you create the best dental website design for your clinic.
Positive things to Include in your Dental Website Design
When people visit the web pages of a dentist they generally do so because they have a problem with their teeth, or because they are looking for a new dentist. You want your pages to be friendly, and welcoming so that the visitor stays on the site long enough to make the decision they need to make.
• Keep the features on the site easy to use
• Provide a site map so people can quickly find the topic they came to read about. People will be more likely to look at the rest of the pages on the site if they were able to find the thing they came to see with ease.
• Have informational articles on different things related to oral care. Give your professional advice on how to care for problems in the mouth, and how to identify conditions that might turn into potential problems
• Explain what types of pain relievers, and anesthetics, the clinic uses
• Provide a place for patients to leave comments about the dentist, the staff at the clinic, and their experiences there. Be sure that you quickly respond to any negative comments to try and address what caused the person to be unhappy with the clinic
• Pictures of all of the staff with a little information about each staff member. Keep the information on a business level and do not put private information about the staff on the website. Do include degrees the different staff members hold
Negative things to avoid when designing a website for a dentist
• Do not elaborate on the amount of pain that any procedure may cause. Remember that people fear the pain of coming to get dental work done, so try to keep from writing articles that use the words pain or painful in them
• Do not put a lot of videos and games on the site that will require the visitor to have a Flash player, or high speed internet in order to be able to view them material. People are not going to wait around for a video to load
• A price list. It would be nice if you could advertise the prices you charge, but you need to remember that a lot of things affect the price of a procedure. One extraction may be very simple to do and you might only charge 40 to perform it, but the next person may have a more difficult extraction that takes more anesthetics, more time, and more skill to complete. You can list base prices if you want to, but when you make a base price list people often think they should pay no more than that price. It is best to discuss the costs of procedures when the patient is in the office.
For years, businesses that provide healthcare services have had to rely on traditional forms of advertising such as community newspapers and the yellow pages to promote their services. Due to the advancements in technology, particularly the growth of the internet, more people are turning to online resources to find local stores and services. In fact, research has shown that more than 75% of consumers are now shopping online for products and services. Today, the health service industry must modify their marketing strategies to reach potential patients. One such health service field that can now use technology to reach patients is the Dental Profession.
Today, dental health professionals have the ability to create their own unique custom built dental web design. With an affordable dental web design, a dental practice will establish a strong professional online presence and make the information about the practice and the types of services offered, such as general dentistry, pediatric dentistry, orthodontics, cosmetic dentistry, and more, available to online users. As well, a professional website can serve as a dental practice online because the dentist has the ability to streamline the appointment process, introduce the dentistry staff with bios and pictures, provide a virtual tour of the office, answer frequently asked questions, provide maps and directions to the office, make it more convenient for patients to contact the office, and show educational videos. A practice also has the option of providing downloadable documents for patients to print, fill out, and bring to the office. It can significantly cut down on patient admission time.
There are dental web designs that will meet the needs of both small, medium, and large dental practices. You can have a custom built dental site specifically designed for an individual dental practice that will be unique to all other dental websites. You will have your own logo, colours, pictures, graphics, and layout and design. You will also have a domain registry, search engine placement and optimization, directory listings, email accounts, and monthly website statistics. As well, you will have the option of providing secure patient online registration. The registration information can be confirmed and entered in the new patient account from the comfort of the office administration desk. You can send out regular newsletters to your patients. You can even have a design that includes accepting secured online payments by patients.
Having a customized dental website design allows dentists to gain a competitive edge over other dental practices. In this technology driven age and the ever growing and expanding internet, it is essential for every business to have a website. A custom designed dental website will show consumers you are not only a professional dental practice, but also a practice that values its patients. For a more detailed guide on the new trends in dentistry that you can include in your website, please visit Pine View Dental.